Wednesday, October 20, 2010

35/35

Last Sunday, the 17th, marked the 35/35 point of my beautiful wife's pregnancy.

She was 35 weeks pregnant, with 35 days left until her due date.

Today, the 20th, I think it finally dawned on me. For over two years, we've been trying for and waiting for this baby. Since the day I finally told my wife, "I'm ready," I've had this logical and intellectual knowledge of how life will change once Goose shows up. I know that I'm going to lose sleep. I know that it's going to be stressful. I know that babies cry. A lot.

I also know that I'm ready for it, and that I'm more than definitely up to the challenge.

Today, the 20th, I think it finally dawned on me. Today was the day that the knowledge of the future reached the depths of my emotional being. Today, I said to myself, "Holy @#&*, what the !@*# were we thinking?! We're not ready to bring a PERSON into this world! Pause!! Hold on a second!"

Thankfully, my little panic attack (accompanied by increased heart-rate, breathing and sweaty palms) only lasted about 30 seconds. I think it's out of my system.

Off to put the trim on her little hoodie, so she can be warm.

-A

2 comments:

  1. One month from today! YIPPEE!!! (Because they always come on their due dates).

    ReplyDelete