Thursday, November 25, 2010

Being Thankful

Every year, there's a day we set aside to remember and be thankful for all of the blessings in our lives. Every year, I list the same few things: my health, my family and friends, my wife. (Not necessarily in that order.)

This year, while I am still thankful for all of those things, there is only one thing occupying my thoughts.

My baby girl.

This year, the one thing that I am most thankful for is her health. She came into our lives fully cooked and ready to face the outside world, and I just can't stop thanking Gusby for that. I know exactly how blessed and lucky I am, and I try very hard not to take it for granted.

Every fresh diaper that she needs, every little noise she makes to rip me out of what little sleep I'm getting, every strange spot and smell on my shoulder, every time she yells at us that we're just not understanding what she needs this very second, all of it is a beautiful reminder of how fortunate I am.

I hope you all have many blessings for which to be thankful, and I hope that you can stop for just a minute to recognize them.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment